Business as Usual at Bellport High
Ed Gowins is a running back from Bellport High School on Long Island who was featured along with his championship team in the September/October 2006 issue of "BFS in an article titled "Business as Usual at Bellport High."
In high school Gowins power cleaned 315, squatted 600 for 5, bench pressed 385 and deadlifted 765. That led to a remarkable senior year where he emerged as a first-team all-state football player, won the Hanson Award as Suffolk County’s top football player, and was a Heisman tri-state honoree.
After high school he attended Brighton Academy in Maine, where he broke numerous records as a running back, then was awarded a full scholarship at Stony Brook University in Stony Brook, New York, where he has continued his remarkable success.
Gowins was named National Freshman of the Year by College Sporting News and is the first SBU player to receive that honor. Gowins set new Stony Brook records for yards and yards per carry in a season, finishing second in the Big South with his 1,310 yards and 119.1 yards-per-game average.
Says his high school football coach Jefferson Cipp,
"The entire Bellport community is extremely proud of Ed for his hard work and perseverance."
BFS HAS YOU COVERED
BFS is pleased to offer a new line of active wear. From training to coaching to gameday or even just "kicking it" we have the clothing you need and want. Check out some of these great new items with the features you demand!
Moisture Management Golf Shirt - Polo
• 6.0 oz., 100% polyester
• Moisture wicking
• Antimicrobial • Raglan sleeve
• Three button placket with dyed to match buttons
Work Out Hooded Pull Over Sweatshirt
• 100% polyester birds eye mesh / 100% polyester tricot lining
• Longer, baggy cut leg
• 7 1/2” inseam (L)
• Covered elastic waist with inside drawstring
• 9.3 oz., 50% cotton / 50% polyester
• Air jet spun yarn for softness and no pill performance
• Set-in sleeves
• 1 X 1 athletic rib knit cuffs and waistband with lycra®
• Double-needle stitching • Double-stitch pouch pocket
• Double-lined hood with matching drawstring
• Quarter-turned to eliminate center crease