The BFS Speed Primer
Put your strength to use on the field of play!
Gaining SPEED is one of the main objectives in athletic development. At BFS we have 3 Favorite Auxiliaries that we add to the core lifts to increase SPEED as well as 2 Critical flexibility exercises. Check out these videos and then get more details on each Auxiliary in the videos below:
To get faster, athletes need to perform speed training twice a week in the off-season. An ideal schedule would be to lift on Monday, Wednesday, Friday; and perform speed training on Tuesday and Thursday.
Here are keys to increased speed:
• 10 Sprints per workout, varying from 10 to 50 yards.
• Time your sprints twice per month.
• Flexibility training six times a week.
• Parallel squat and power clean. Straight-leg dead lift.
• Download the BFS 1,2,3,4 flexibility program
Stretching For Speed!
The Glute Hame Developer
Auxilliaries for Speed
Thanks for watching! - the BFS Team